My name is Hannah and I am a personal trainer and sports massage therapist based in Swansea, South Wales.
On a personal level I am interested in strength training as a way of improving both my physical and mental wellbeing. I spent many years avoiding pretty much all exercise. At the time I believed that the only way to improve my fitness was with endless hours of cardio.
For years I lost weight, then gained it again. When it came to nutrition, I followed whatever fad approach seemed to offer the most miraculous solution. With no long-term goals and no work towards changing my behaviour patterns, my chances of success were minimal.
Finally I was introduced to strength training and have never looked back. With the desire to break out of old patterns I set about educating myself about sound, evidence-based methods for improving my health. Through strength training I’ve found that fitness comes in many forms and should certainly never be boring!
As someone with a list of physical and mental health issues as long as your arm, I had somehow always believed that being fitter and healthier just wasn’t me. However, in the five years since I started strength training I have improved many of my issues, including PCOS, recurrent back concerns and chronic mental health problems. I’ve also faced some new challenges and learnt valuable and varied ways of coming through them without letting my commitment to my health fade.
Enough about me: there’s a little bit of information about the kind of people I’m interested in working with here. Wherever you are right now, together we can work towards where you want to be.
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy – July 2018
- NVQ Level 3 Leisure Management – July 2018
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training – July 2016
- HABC Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator – August 2016
- HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid At Work – August 2016
- Kettlebell Instructor – December 2016
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based Exercise) – April 2016
I am a member of both the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and the Association for Soft Tissue Therapists (SMA).